Reasons to Shop Thornton
- It keeps $$ in our economy - Local businesses tend to reinvest a large amount of their revenue back into the local economy.
- It creates local jobs - Local businesses create employment and self-employment opportunities.
- It helps fund city services - Sales taxes fund vital services such as: police and fire protection, street repairs, trash collection, parks and recreation.
- It supports nonprofits - Local businesses strongly support good works in our neighborhoods through donations and contributions.
- It helps the environment - Shopping close to home reduces sprawl, automobile use, habitat loss, and air and water pollution.
- It invests in entrepreneurship - Nurturing local business helps ensure a strong community and serves as a key means for families to move out of low-wage jobs and into the middle class.
- It makes us a destination - The more interesting and unique we are as a community, the more we attract tourists, shoppers, and others who want to shop, stay, and eat in Thornton.
- It provides a happier shopping experience - You get better treatment from your neighbors.
- It promotes competition and diversity - Competition and diversity lead to more choices and better prices for you.